Monday, March 11, 2013

Gourd Ukelele Neck

www.guitarbuilder.org
depositphoto.com
I am still investigating the materials to use for the neck of my ukelele. At first I was considering following the tutorial of the Guitar Builder (as shown at the left), but my time constraints is not going to allow for the time it would take to block and carve it. Tony Bennett at Blind Faith had some interesting advice which led me to consider using a neck of an existing mandolin. That works on a couple levels: the neck gets recycled, the frets are already in place, and **kaching** the tuning keys are in the headstock so I won't have to build those either. So, what I have to work with looks like what's shown  at the left. I will have to shoot digital photographs of what I actually have. I was happy to find pieces that are pre-made!

No comments:

Post a Comment