Returning to my essential question:
How can a gourd be used to illustrate the life of a slave? The information that connects gourds to slaves and then to analogies about gourds and star constellations provide interesting images. Follow the Drinking Gourd gives a template for connections, so using a musical instrument for the project is supported as an viable idea.
So, what do I have? A gourd, a song, a star constellation, the concept of traveling at night to escape, and using gourds in everyday life.
 |
| blackloyalist.com |
Initially I am thinking about slave silhouettes. Slaves escaped at night so their bodies would have been 'silhouetted' against the dark night. The picture to the right is an image of a running slave. I need to delete the background and use the outline of the running person as the silhouette. Using this as a repeated image for a border could be the decorative image around the edge of the ukelele body.
No comments:
Post a Comment