It just takes a little reminder from a friendly source to keep the mental juices flowing, know what I mean?
Combining gourds with papercutting can be a natural. Both are plant-based and readily available. Both can be inexpensive to pursue, but made into elaborate pieces of art making them the best of both worlds!
Friday, March 13, 2015
Gourd Parodies
Recent activity on my other blog, as inspired me to pick up this ukelele project again and get it finished. When last discussed, I had a design in mind and was planning to woodburn the images onto the backside of the gourd belly. I got sidetracked into another gourd project (as happens to gourd enthusiasts) and am only now coming back to this. Do check out the parodies I wrote for Elvis' Wooden Heart, Willie Nelson's Always On My Mind, Roger Miller's Robin Hood & Little John, Dean Martin's That's Amore!, and the theme to Underdog.
It just takes a little reminder from a friendly source to keep the mental juices flowing, know what I mean?
It just takes a little reminder from a friendly source to keep the mental juices flowing, know what I mean?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment